Friday, January 18, 2013

EMPTY BOWLS DINNER




The empty bowls dinner is an event that my school participates in to help feed the hungry in the south jersey area. Two years ago I was not involved in art class; however, I attended the empty bowls dinner.  This year, I was able to create bowls that will be sold and used on the actual night.  This is such a great event and I'm thrilled to be able to be deeply involved in the whole process.  This has inspired me to get more involved in community events and help those in need.  Families and companies generously donate food to be served on that night.  The entire community comes together to support.  And I can't forget to mention all the amazing bowls that will be sold! It was such a fun process and I can't wait to see people eat out of the bowls I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment