Friday, March 30, 2012
Ceramics in-process!
Working with wet clay may seem hard to some people because can be very flimsy and difficult sometimes but I fell in love with it. Being a first year art student, everything is brand new to me. I had some difficulties with painting and portraits, but as soon as we began working with clay it was as if I have been doing it for years. I automatically loved how the clay wrapped around the mold and dried to form the exact shape. I also love how I'm able to carve anything into the clay and make it unique and different. We recently began a project in which we have to create a place setting consisting of a ceramic plate, bowl, and cup that is functional. It is also in tribute to someone you either know or don't know personally. I decided to do my abuelita because she is very inspirational to me. I am still working on it and hope to finish soon. This is a great experience so far because it allows me to express myself and my appreciation to my abuelita through something that is useful in everyday life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment