Friday, March 30, 2012

Finished Metal Work


   Working with metals seemed very intimidating at first but once you got in the hang of it, it was no big deal.  Since this was my first year working with metals I got very frustrated whenever my blade broke.  On my first day my blade broke about eight times which made me think I would never be able to do it. Once I got used to it I would be sawing for the entire period when it only felt like a few minutes. I enjoyed metals very much and I was extremely proud of my finished project.  I tried to incorporate the Leo symbol in my project and it came out even better then I had hoped.  I also enjoyed firing the metal because it made the metal look almost eroded and gave it a much more rustic feel to the whole piece.  It was a good experience for me because it showed me a completely different side to creating "art" then I would have ever considered.  For example, I signed up for art expecting to paint and draw things, but working with metals allowed me to create something beautiful that also expressed me through something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment