I felt more connected to the pencil still life drawing compared to the more recent projects my class was assigned to do. Being able to shade and highlight the real features of the actual apples and oranges allowed me to not only make the drawing look real but also help me add style and personality to every section of the fruit. One thing I liked a lot about the pencil still life compared to the colored pencil apples was that I was able to go back, change, and erase whatever I didn't like. Not being able to erase made me feel really stuck, especially when I put a color down I decided I didn't like. Having to mix more colors just to correct the mistake color aggravated me to a point where I almost wanted to give up. The whole time I was working with colored pencils, I was worried about messing up; however, when I was working with the regular pencils I felt very free and relaxed.
picture of fruit:
 |
| unfinished drawing^ |
No comments:
Post a Comment