About a week ago, my class was assigned to start a self protrait drawing/painting. A picture was taken of each student then printed out to refer back to througout the entire process. The portrait itself was much larger then the printed picture and took me about four days to complete. There was no shading involved because we had to trace it with a sharpie. Part of that large drawing was retraced on a smaller piece of paper to practice painting. We were allowed to choose any color we wanted to paint with (I chose a light blue color). I am still working on the small painting but many of my classmates are finished so they moved onto the inking part. What we have to do in this section is paint a thin ink layer over our dried painting then dry that and wash it off. Doing this gives the picture a washed out look which completely changes it. I am tooking forward to finishing the practice paper so I can start my final picture.
 |
| Traced large copy |
 |
| Painting my smaller copy |
No comments:
Post a Comment